Essential oils, just like aromatic herbs and other ingredients, have been part of spiritual awakening practices all throughout history. Many religions and cultures use various essential oils in their rituals, ceremonies or healing modalities. Diffusing them aromatically or using them on different applications can bring out mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual benefits. Essential oils can help an individual come to terms with oneself and the Universal Mind.
- Essential Oils for Spiritual Awakening
- Ylang Ylang
- How to Use the Essential Oils
- In Your Solitary Spiritual Ritual
- Purification Bath Blend
- Aromatherapy Diffuser Blends
- Mixing or Blending Your Essential Oils
- Using the Essential Oils Individually
For your spiritual awakening or meditative practices, choose an essential oil which resounds to you. A particular essential oil may bring the health benefits you need in your life, and it might be your go-to oil among others. You’ll definitely have your own favorites, so it’s an awesome idea to try and test several essential oils to discover your holy grail.
We did a side-by-side comparison with two of the world's biggest essential oil brands.
Essential Oils for Spiritual Awakening
1. Cedarwood Essential Oil
Cedarwood is used for spiritual grounding and purification. It’s also one of the essential oils used for spiritual awakening. It cleanses your space, heals the present, and purifies the spirit.
Cedarwood removes blockages from your energetic body and aura. It purifies you emotionally by detoxifying negative energies, thoughts, worries, anxieties and fears. You’ll feel a refreshing cleanse inside and out as you meditate using this essential oil. With grounding and purification, you’ll be ready to discover your Higher Self.
Use Cedarwood oil in your prayer and meditation rituals to bring calmness and peace.
Blending with Other Essential Oils: Cedarwood essential oil blends well with bergamot, clary sage, cypress, frankincense, jasmine, juniper, lavender, neroli, orange, petitgrain, rose, rosemary, sandalwood, vetiver, and ylang ylang.
2. Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary is a highly revered essential oil for enlightenment. It has been mentioned in European history for its purification and healing powers. This essential oil has a stimulating, invigorating and refreshing aroma that will uplift you. Its aromatic profile is fresh, sweet, herbaceous and slightly medicinal.
Rosemary is used for cleansing, consecration and peacefulness in sacred rituals. It releases psychic and spiritual blocks during purification ceremonies. It also provides good luck, protection, and psychic development.
For health purposes, rosemary supports cognitive functions and brain health. Rosemary oil also supports circulation and relieves exhaustion.
Blending with Other Essential Oils: Rosemary essential oil blends well with basil, frankincense, sage, thyme, citronella, chamomile, lemongrass, lavender, peppermint and eucalyptus.
Learn more about the essential oils that blend well with Rosemary oil
- Citronella Essential Oil: Uses, Benefits, Precautions, and More
- Basil Essential Oil: Benefits and Uses for Holistic Health
- The Many Uses and Benefits of Sage Essential Oil
3. Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Ylang ylang is the perfect essential oil whenever you need to express gratitude to Mother Earth and the Universe as a whole. The essential oil comes from the flowers of the ylang ylang tree, which is known as the “Perfume Tree.” Its scent is intoxicating and exquisite, making it a highly precious oil sought-after by many perfumists and essential oil enthusiasts. Its aromatic profile is fresh, floral, sweet, slightly fruity, fragrant yet delicate.
The emotional benefits of ylang ylang oil include relieving stress, worries, anxieties, frigidity, hypertension, palpitations and depression. It is also used to help balance the sacral and solar plexus chakras.
Blending with Other Essential Oils: Ylang ylang essential oil blends well with bergamot, chamomile, clary sage, clove, eucalyptus, geranium, ginger, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, litsea cubeba, mandarin, marjoram, neroli, patchouli, sandalwood, and vetiver.
4. Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint is another essential oil used for cleansing and purification. It has an intense scent that can also be highly pleasant to the senses. It is also one of the most concentrated essential oils out there. Diluting it with an air purifier or oil diffuser would give out a fresh, minty and uplifting scent. Peppermint oil stimulates the senses, enhances alertness, and improves stamina. Diffusing or spraying it over your meditation space will clear out impurities and negative vibrations.
Blending with Other Essential Oils: Peppermint essential oil blends well with cypress, eucalyptus, geranium, grapefruit, juniper berry, lavender, lemon, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, and tea tree.
Learn more about the essential oils that blend well with peppermint oil
- Amazing Uses and Benefits of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- What You Need to Know About Rosemary Essential Oil
- The Ultimate Guide to Lemon Essential Oil: Benefits, Uses and Everything You Should Know
5. Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender oil is commonly known for its calming, soothing and relaxing properties. In practices for spiritual awakening, it facilitates deeper states of meditation. Highly spiritual individuals use it to cleanse and soothe the soul and prepare it for spiritual work. It also balances and stabilizes the physical, etheric and astral bodies. Use lavender essential oil to bring your higher and lower chakras into harmony with each other so that the divine can freely flow within your being.
Blending with Other Essential Oils: Lavender essential oil blends well with bergamot, black pepper, cedarwood, chamomile, clary sage, clove, cypress, eucalyptus, geranium, grapefruit, juniper, lemon, lemongrass, mandarin, marjoram, patchouli, peppermint, rose, rosemary, tea tree, thyme, and vetiver.
Learn more about the essential oils that blend well with lavender oil
- Bergamot Essential Oil: History, Benefits and Uses for a Healthy Lifestyle
- The Millennial Oil: Your Ultimate Guide to Everything About Grapefruit Essential Oil
- The Oil From Down Under: 16 Surprising Uses and Benefits of Tea Tree Oil
6. Patchouli Essential Oil
Patchouli is known for its earthy aroma and spiritually grounding properties. It has many versatile uses in skincare treatments, emotional balancing, sensual romantic blends, meditation, and spiritual awakening. It’s also an aromatic base that acts as a fixative in perfumery applications. You’ll find its aroma to be rich, earthy and woody with hidden fruity notes.
Patchouli has emotional benefits such as calming and grounding. This essential oil is also used in blends for prayer and meditation. Its commonly diffused to relieve stress and fatigue.
Did you know that unlike other essential oils that diminish and oxidize over time, patchouli oil actually improves with age, just like wine? It’s a great investment to have patchouli oil in your home collection.
Blending with Other Essential Oils: Patchouli essential oil blends well with cinnamon, clary sage, cypress, geranium, lavender, lemon, myrrh, and sandalwood.
Consult a health care practitioner first before using any essential oils alongside with your medication or treatment.
- Patch Testing: Make sure you do a patch test on your skin for sensitivity prior to using on more areas of your body or for a long term period. Make sure to do the patch test on your feet or forearm to ensure you don’t experience irritation like redness, burning, hives or allergic reactions. Keep the essential oil away from your eyes and the insides of your ears or nose.
- Pregnant or Nursing Women: These essential oils should be avoided by pregnant or breastfeeding women as it can have an impact on hormonal levels, muscle condition, or nerve functioning. It’s also not appropriate for anyone with epilepsy.
- Infants and Children: Keep out of reach from children. Avoid using the essential oils on infants and young children.
- Ingesting Essential Oils: Even though essential oils are made from all-natural sources, that doesn't mean that they're safe to ingest. Thus, you should avoid ingesting any essential oil.
- For Cedarwood Essential Oil: Pregnant women, especially in their first trimester, should use cedarwood with caution.
- For Rosemary Essential Oil: Avoid during pregnancy or if you have epilepsy. It may also cause health issues if you have high blood pressure.
- For Ylang Ylang Essential Oil: Possible skin sensitivity might occur. Do a patch test first to check for possible skin irritations.
- For Peppermint Essential Oil: Avoid using near the eyes as it can cause the eyes to water. Peppermint can also decrease lactation in breastfeeding women.
- For Lavender Essential Oil: Possible skin sensitivity might occur. Do a patch test first to check for skin irritations.
- For Patchouli Essential Oil: Patchouli may inhibit blood clotting and pose a drug interaction hazard.
How to Use the Essential Oils
1. In Your Solitary Spiritual Ritual
This is a 3-day spiritual ritual you can do at home or while on a retreat. It involves grounding, cleansing and purifying, gratitude and enlightenment. You can also do it within a day, as long as you allot one hour between each step.
Day 1 Grounding: Diffuse 2 – 3 drops of patchouli essential oil and say a prayer for grounding oneself.
Day 2 Cleansing and Purifying: Add 1 drop of lavender essential oil, 1 drop of cedarwood essential oil, and 2 drops peppermint oil to an oil burner. Diffuse this blend and ask God, your angels, spirit guides, higher self and divine light beings to cut the cords that have been tying you down to negativity or lower energies. Feel yourself being released from all negativity, karma, and lower frequencies.
Day 2 Gratitude: Mix 1 drop of ylang ylang oil with a carrier oil and rub it with your palms. Inhale the scent by cupping your nose with your hands. Hold your hands together and say a prayer of gratitude for everything that the Universe has blessed you with.
Day 3 Enlightenment: Mix a few drops of rosemary essential oil with sea salt and filtered water in a spray bottle. Spritz your space with this enriching aroma to pave the way for new beginnings and a strengthened being. Spray this blend to any part of the house that you need to boost with enriching energy.
2. Purification Bath Blend
It’s highly recommended that you go through a purification ritual first before performing any spiritual or meditative ritual. This blend is recommended to be used before praying, doing yoga, or any other soul enriching practices. Let this purification bath get rid of all negative energies inside of you, so that you can fully receive the Universe’s blessings.
- 5 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops of ylang ylang essential oil
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil
- 1 tablespoon milk
Instructions: Turn on the tap in your bathtub and pour in each essential oil while the water is running. Make sure that the water is warm to dissipate the oils. Then add a tablespoon of milk so that the essential oils will evenly disperse in the water and not adhere to your skin.
Soak in the bath and clear your mind from negative thoughts. Feel all negativity flowing out from your body. Focus on positive thoughts and emotions. When you’re done, have a little cleansing rinse in the shower to pump yourself up for your spiritual awakening.
3. Aromatherapy Diffuser Blends
These oil diffuser blends are formulated with the goal to awaken your spiritual senses. Try the following essential oil blends at home and experience the magic yourself!
3.1. Endless Aromatherapy Blend
This blend uses the purifying properties of rosemary. The component of lavender clears out any blocks, and ylang ylang opens up your awareness. Use the following if you need spiritual awakening and enrichment:
- 4 drops rosemary essential oil
- 2 drops ylang ylang essential oil
- 4 drops lavender essential oil
Instructions: Pour the required essential oils in a bottle. Cap the bottle and mix all the ingredients by rolling the bottle with your hands. Pour 2 - 3 drops of this mixture into your oil diffuser for a spiritually enriching session. If you like this blend, you can make a bigger batch by ensuring that there’s 40% rosemary, 20% ylang ylang, and 40% lavender.
3.2. Rejuvenating Blend
There are times that you’ll need a lift when you’re spiritually down. Diffuse the following blend for a spiritual lift.
- 3 drops rosemary essential oil
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
Instructions: Pour the essential oils in a glass essential oil bottle and swirl it gently to mix. Pour 2 - 3 drops on your preferred diffuser, oil burner or air purifier.
3.3. Patch of Paradise Blend
We love this blend in such a way that it relaxes and cleanses the spirit. Use this blend to help you think positively while meditating.
- 3 drops patchouli essential oil
- 7 drops lavender essential oil
Instructions: Pour the required amount of essential oils in a bottle and gently mix. Pour 2 - 3 drops in your preferred diffuser for an uplifting aroma.
3.4. Enlightenment Blend
Use this blend in a diffuser or spray to clear your space and pave the way for enlightened thoughts.
- 4 drops of lavender essential oil
- 1 drop of cedarwood essential oil
- 1 drop of patchouli essential oil
- 4 drops of rosemary essential oil
Instructions: Pour the essential oils in a glass bottle and swirl gently to mix. Use this blend in your oil diffuser. You can also mix this blend with sea salt in spray bottle filled with filtered water. Spritz over your room or space to clear energy or vibrations.
3.5 Deep Sleep Blend
The combination of lavender and cedarwood guides you in your spiritual dreams and spiritual awakening. It helps you connect to your higher self while being grounded on the earth. Use this as a nighttime blend to help induce a deep sleep.
- 4 drops of cedarwood essential oil
- 3 drops of lavender essential oil
Instructions: Drop the required essential oils in a cool-air diffuser. Make sure that you’re using distilled water in the diffuser before dropping in the essential oils.
4. Mixing or Blending Your Essential Oils
You can definitely make your own blends at home, and be creative according to your signature scents. The rule of thumb is to make a 1:1 ratio on the essential oils that you’ll be blending. Try and test to see if you like the aroma of the resulting blends. From there, you can add more drops of a particular essential oil according to your preference. Check our “Blending with Other Essential Oils” portion on every essential oil profile above to see which essential oils you should blend together.
The easiest way to benefit from essential oil blends is to use them with a diffuser, or mix it with sea salt and filtered water for a refreshing room spray. You can also make your own perfumes using essential oil blends by mixing them in a glass roller bottle and adding your preferred carrier oil.
5. Using the Essential Oils Individually
Here are the various ways you can use the essential oils individually, and the corresponding benefits they give.
For Cedarwood Essential Oil: Diffuse 2 - 3 drops of cedarwood in your preferred oil diffuser to relax the mind and body. Use with a carrier oil if you’re going to use it in massage therapy. Inhale this essential oil whenever you need a boost in confidence or calm your anxieties.
For Rosemary Essential Oil: Diffuse or inhale whenever you need mental clarity, insight and expansion.
For Ylang Ylang Essential Oil: Mix ylang ylang with Epsom salt and pour in your bathwater for a relaxing dip. Put on your wrists for a sweet and floral scent. Mix with a carrier oil and apply on your chest for emotional balance.
For Peppermint Essential Oil: Mix peppermint with distilled water in a spray bottle and spritz for a cooling effect. Mix a drop or two with a carrier oil and apply on your temples to enhance mental clarity
For Lavender Essential Oil: Add a few drops of lavender oil to beddings, blankets or pillows for a good night’s sleep. Use aromatically to feel more focused and grounded. It can help improve concentration and mental clarity.
For Patchouli Essential Oil: Add 1 - 2 drops of patchouli to the palms of your hand, and cup over your nose and mouth. Breathe naturally for a grounding effect. You can also massage it into the back of your neck and the soles of the feet.
If you’re looking for convenient and long-lasting bottles to contain your essential oil blends and recipes, check out this shop for the perfect solution.
Essential oils can help us lead happier, healthier and more fulfilling lives without having to constantly depend on chemical or synthetic drugs. If you know more about essential oils, you’ll notice that most medicines are synthetic alternatives of plant and herb components that essential oils are made from. Nature has blessed us with the essences of its plants and trees which promote optimum health and wellness.
What’s great about essential oils is that they promote holistic healing. They don’t just help treat one health concern or illness, but they also affect our mental, emotional, physical and spiritual well-being. It’s highly recommended that you have a set of essential oils at home which you can use every now and then for different purposes.
Aroma Foundry’s Spiritual Awakening 6-Pack includes the above essential oils that will aid you in your spiritual journey. You can buy each essential oil individually, or you can also buy this set as your spiritual wellness kit. This makes a great addition to your collection at home, or as your go-to wellness pack while traveling.
- 5 Essential Oils For Your Spiritual Journey | Sivana East - https://blog.sivanaspirit.com/5-essential-oils-spiritual-journey/
- 57 Essential Oil Diffuser Blend Recipes For Mind, Body & Soul | Refined Mom - https://redefinedmom.com/57-essential-oil-diffuser-blend-recipes-for-mind-body-soul/
- 6 Essential Oils For Spiritual Awakening | Spiritual Experience - https://spiritualexperience.eu/essential-oils-for-spiritual-awakening/
- Activate Your Higher Self with Essential Oils | Chakra Center - https://chakracenter.org/2012/11/14/activate-your-higher-self-with-essential-oils/
- Cananga Odorata | Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cananga_odorata
- Cedarwood Essential Oil: Uses, Benefits, and Precautions | Sustainable Baby Steps - http://www.sustainablebabysteps.com/cedarwood-essential-oil.html
- Endless » Essential Oil Calculator http://www.eocalc.com/blends/endless-2/
- Essential Oil Of Peppermint: Uses, Benefits, and Precautions | Sustainable Baby Steps - http://www.sustainablebabysteps.com/oil-of-peppermint.html
- Give Me Life Essential Oil Blend - Modern Soapmaking - http://www.eocalc.com/blends/give-me-life/
- Lavender Patch Essential Oil Blend - Modern Soapmaking - http://www.eocalc.com/blends/lavender-patch/
- Patchouli Essential Oil: Uses, Benefits, and Precautions | Sustainable Baby Steps - http://www.sustainablebabysteps.com/patchouli-essential-oil.html
- Patchouli Essential Oil Uses and Benefits | Aromaweb - https://www.aromaweb.com/essential-oils/patchouli-oil.asp
- Peppermint Essential Oil Uses and Benefits | Aromaweb - https://www.aromaweb.com/essential-oils/peppermint-oil.asp
- Pure Lavender Oil: Uses, Benefits, and Precautions | Sustainable Baby Steps - http://www.sustainablebabysteps.com/pure-lavender-oil.html
- Reason Essential Oil Blend - Modern Soapmaking - http://www.eocalc.com/blends/reason/
- Rosemary Essential Oil: Uses, Benefits, and Precautions | Sustainable Baby Steps - http://www.sustainablebabysteps.com/rosemary-essential-oil.html
- Rosemary Essential Oil Uses and Benefits | Aromaweb - https://www.aromaweb.com/essential-oils/rosemary-oil.asp
- Rosemary For Remembrance | Eye of Horus - https://www.eyeofhorus.biz/info/herblore/rosemary-for-remembrance/
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil: Uses, Benefits, and Precautions | Sustainable Baby Steps - http://www.sustainablebabysteps.com/ylang-ylang-essential-oil.html
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Uses and Benefits | Aromaweb - https://www.aromaweb.com/essential-oils/ylang-ylang-oil.asp