Founder of Aroma Foundry
Master Chinese Acupuncturist & Herbalist
Small but terrible, or in this case, small but reliable. The tangerine fruit belongs to the sweeter side of the orange variety. Tangerines are quite similar to mandarin oranges, except for the fact that mandarin is an entirely different species of its own, and it’s related to the orange fruit.
However, aside from being a great dessert because of its sweetness, tangerines have various health benefits that you can take advantage of. It’s also a great addition to your diet. Tangerines may be sweet, but they have low calories and contain more vitamin A than oranges.
Just like other fruits, flowers, and plants, tangerines are processed by cold pressing or distillation to extract its essential oils.
The peels of the fruit are rich in alpha-pinene, terpineol, sabinene, nerol, myrcene, linalool, and other components that can be more beneficial than you may expect. Let’s just say that all these components can help you fight various diseases, viruses, bacteria, and more. Unfortunately, we don’t eat the peel.
However, that's not a problem. Tangerine essential oil is your best bet to get all the nutrients and benefits the entire fruit contains. It’s going the easy way, don’t you think?
If you’re very curious about the benefits of tangerine essential oil, you will learn more as you read through this article. The next section will tell you more about the brief history of tangerine essential oil.
However, if you want to purchase your own tangerine essential oil right now, you can click or tap on the image below, and we’ll bring you directly to the order page. We made it easier for you to receive the benefits that pure, authentic, and natural essential oils here at Aroma Foundry. After you place your order, we will bring your tangerine essential oil right to your doorstep.
Tangerines have been grown for over 3,000 years in Japan, China and Djibouti. Its name comes from a place called Tangier in Morocco, which is the port where the first tangerines arrived in Europe during the 1800s.
In Chinese Medicine, the tangerine peel is called, “Chen Pi” and it is highly used in treating digestive disorders such as stomach upset, diarrhea, indigestion, and vomiting. The tangerine peel is also believed to control, reconcile and stabilize the flow of energy or Qi of the body.
Ayurvedic medicine calls tangerine as “Santra Sal” that is highly regarded as a natural detoxifying agent. Detoxification is the first step in purifying the body, which leads to strengthening the immune system, improving mental clarity, and nurturing overall health.
Tangerine essential oil can be used for a variety of purposes. It has multiple health benefits, and you can use it for several home applications. Here’s a list of benefits and uses that make tangerine oil the next best thing in your home.
The tangerine essential oil contains naturally-occurring components which kill bacteria and prevent them from spreading. The essential oil can be applied to open wounds and taken orally to support the healing process of the body.
Its antiseptic properties also help treat dandruff, dry scalp and other scalp infections.
The term ‘cytophylactic’ means the ability to stimulate the generation of new cells, which aid in preserving the skin’s health. Tangerine is one of the most common cytophylactic essential oils out there. It helps generate new cells and recycle cellular material in the body. As a result, it helps repair or heals the regular wear and tear, or any outstanding damage you experience physically. This oil also promotes a healthy growth within your body.
So if you have scars and stretch marks, add tangerine essential oil to your lotions or creams to help heal skin imperfections.
Tangerine soothes all types of inflammation and hyperactivity in the body. It is most beneficial for your circulatory, respiratory, digestive, nervous and excretory systems. Whenever you have a fever, tangerine essential oil can sedate inflammation. It is also used to reduce impulsive responses, anger, and depression. It also prevents the intrusion of poisonous substances from the bloodstream. Tangerine can help reduce stress, anxiety, convulsions, and allergies.
Tangerine is considered a powerful depurative, which purifies your blood and promotes better circulation. It helps in detoxifying your body from unwanted substances such as pollutants, excess salt, and uric acid through your urine, excretory process, or sweat. It also increases the oxygen-retaining capacity of your body’s red blood cells, thus purifying and refreshing the blood.
Using tangerine essential oil will help maintain a proper flow of digestive juices. It also supports the right balance between bile and acid. It can help treat any wounds in the stomach. If ever you need to soothe and provide inflammation relief to your stomach, go for this wonder oil. Your stomach will be in top condition with the use of tangerine.
Just like its citrus cousins, tangerine is known to uplift a person’s mood. It is also said to impact individual creativity. It helps you connect with your inner child and bring out spontaneous creativeness. You’ll feel happier and more playful, thus getting you out of your head and be light-hearted. So whenever you feel stuck, overwhelmed, heavy-hearted, depressed, cranky or overworked, diffuse this essential oil in your room or office for that instant pick-me-up!
Tangerine essential oil also soothes irritated nerves, as it works as a relaxing agent. It is a sedative that relieves nervousness, anxiety, and depression. You’ll feel a release from tension and emotional imbalances while using this essential oil. You can also use tangerine oil to promote healthy sleeping patterns.
The tonic and stomachic properties of tangerine oil are known to boost metabolism. It supports the entire process of digestion by stimulating the flow of digestive juices, aiding in the absorption of essential nutrients, and healing irritation in the stomach lining and intestines. With proper digestion comes a healthy body and effective weight management.
Tangerine oil facilitates in the removal of toxic substances and other impurities in the body. As the body becomes free from toxins, this becomes the base for optimum health. Use tangerine oil regularly to detoxify your organs effectively. We tell you how you can use Tangerine oil below.
Tangerine essential oil is also known to aid in bringing relief to health issues such as breathing problems, severe pain, spasms, muscular cramps, convulsions, spasmodic cholera, asthma, and severe coughs.
1. Uplifting Mood and Energy: Put 1 - 2 drops of the oil on your palm and rub it. Cup over your nose and mouth for 30 seconds to get an instant lift. You can also diffuse it in your room. Diffuse it anytime during the day, especially when you’re feeling stressed.
2. Massage Oil: Mix a few drops of tangerine essential oil with fractionated coconut oil. Apply to abdomen or flex points to calm your senses.
3. Diffusers, Burners or Vaporizers: Add a few drops to your preferred oil diffuser to alleviate depression, lessen stress, induce relaxation or pacify the nervous system. You can also use tangerine oil to boost your digestive mechanism, calm the respiratory system, and promote peaceful sleep.
4. Creativity and Motivation: The aromatic compounds of this essential oil enter the body through your nasal passages and reach the brain’s limbic system; thus influencing vital actions such as emotions, desires and creativity. Diffuse tangerine oil in your favorite oil burner or diffuser whenever you need a little push in creative endeavors.
5. Energizing Bath: Add 2 -3 drops of tangerine oil to your bathwater. This makes a perfect soak at the start of the morning due to its encouraging aroma and revitalizing scent. It boosts your energy, increases blood circulation, supports the nervous system, and treats digestive problems. If ever you need a good jumpstart for the day, add this essential oil to your bathtub.
6. Antiseptic Agent: Tangerine oil is a mild essential that can be directly applied to burns, sores, wounds, and cuts. Apply a few drops of this essential oil on the effective areas. If your skin is sensitive, mix a 2 - 3 drops of this oil with your preferred carrier oil and apply it on your skin. You can also mix it with your skin care lotion or cream to reduce swelling and redness, prevent the growth of bacteria, and speed up the recovery process of your skin.
7. Skin Imperfections: Tangerine oil has cytophylactic properties that can treat damaged tissues and promote the production of new cells. Add a few drops to your lotion or cream to treat stretch marks, scars, acne, etc.
8. Aromatherapy for Winter: Diffuse tangerine oil or use it as for massage with an oil carrier during colder months. It alleviates the “blues” and warms your spirit. It will promote a more upbeat and positive aura within you amidst cold and dark weather.
9. Restful Sleep: Put one drop of tangerine oil and one drop of Lavender oil on a cotton ball or handkerchief. Put this in your pillowcase to promote a good night’s sleep.
10. Cleaning Agent: Add a few drops of tangerine essential oil to your homemade cleaning spray and spritz over surfaces. It is a cleansing and purifying agent that will leave your home fresh and clean. This can also be used to freshen up garbage cans and damp places at home.
11. Facial Cleanser: Add 1 - 2 drops of tangerine oil to a gentle facial cleanser to enhance cleansing and beautify your skin.
12. Refresh and Deodorize: Add 2 - 3 drops on a cotton ball and put this on your dresser drawers or car air vents as a refreshing and deodorizing solution.
Before you go ahead and indulge in the benefits of tangerine oil, here are a few precautions that you should take:
1. Skin Sensitivity: Possible skin sensitivity can be caused by using tangerine oil. Do not apply it on your skin if you’ll be exposed to ultraviolet light or direct sunlight within 12 hours.
2. Medical Conditions: If pregnant or under doctor’s supervision, consult a healthcare practitioner first before using this essential oil.
3. Hazards: Do not use tangerine essential oil near sparks, heat, flame or fire.
4. Infants and Children: Keep out of reach from children. Avoid using tangerine oil on infants and young children.
5. Dilution: Dilute the essential oil first before using on sensitive areas such as the face, neck, genital area, and etc.
Here are some great tangerine oil recipes you should try. The following includes health remedies, aromatherapy blends, skincare and so much more.
Citrus oils are truly helpful in boosting your mood and energy. Drop the following essential oils in your diffuser whenever you need something uplifting.
Using this perfume will make you feel like you just came out of a secret garden. The essential oils in this recipe are known for their calming aroma and exquisite scent.
Instructions: Combine all of the essential oils in a 10 ml roller bottle. Gently swish the oils to blend them well together. Top with fractionated coconut oil or your preferred carrier oil. Cap the bottle and roll with your hands to blend everything well. Apply this perfume to your pulse points for an elegant and sophisticated scent.
This natural and homemade body scrub will help you get rid of dead skin cells, plus give you a refreshing feeling after a bath.
Instructions: Mix brown sugar and coconut oil in a glass container. Then add the required amount of essential oils. Blend everything well in the airtight glass container. Use twice a week for best results.
Add the following drops of essential oils to your diffuser or air purifier at home to cleanse the air of impurities. This blend is also wonderfully uplifting!
This fresh and citrusy blend gives you a refreshing start to the day, or after any hurdles you recently faced. Add the following essential oils to your diffuser.
You’ll be amazed as to how effective this cleaning solution is in turning your cookware back to their pristine condition. Make sure you use gloves while using this solution.
Instructions: Put on your gloves and mix the ingredients in a stainless steel or glass bowl. Mix it all up to form a paste. If you need to thicken it, add a little more baking soda. Apply the paste to baking sheets, pots, pans and etc. Use a washcloth to press the paste into the crusty or grimy areas of the pan. Apply more of the paste as needed. Wipe away the excess paste and rinse it under cold running water. There you go! Your kitchenware are good as new!
Add the following essential oils to your oil diffuser, burner or vaporizer to induce a romantic mood in your space.
Looking for a way to rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit? You can use this spa blend in your bath for that ultimate staycation treat at home.
Instructions: Close the windows of your bathroom to prevent oil vapors from escaping. Fill your bathtub with warm water. Then dissolve 1 cup of Epsom salt in the water.
After that, dilute the required essential oils with fractionated coconut oil. Then pour the blend into the water. Swirl the water around to disperse the oils. The essential oils will evaporate quickly, so soak in this bath immediately. Enjoy this luxurious bath for at least 20 minutes.
This homemade recipe will help control your skin’s excessive sebum production. It also leaves a refreshing feel with its blend of nourishing essential oils.
Instructions: Mix the above ingredients in a bowl, and add enough water to make 8 ounces. Use this as a refreshing wash or rinse for your face after cleansing and before moisturizing.
This oily skin moisturizer is the perfect next-step routine after using the oily skin toner above. Use this as a nighttime moisturizer if you have oily to combination skin.
Instructions: Mix all of the ingredients well and store in an airtight container. Wash your face thoroughly before using this. Apply and massage evenly all over you face and neck. For best results, use every night to rejuvenate your skin.
Feeling under the weather or want to chase the blues away? Use this essential oil blend in your diffuser as a great pick-me-up! This blend soothes emotional stress, relieves grief, and promotes happiness.
Having your own homemade hand sanitizer really comes in “handy” whenever you’re on-the-go or eating out. You can also make as much as you want with this cost-efficient recipe.
Instructions: Add all of the ingredients in a glass bottle. Shake well to blend all of the ingredients together. Squirt on your hands and rub them together for an instant clean.
Need an uplifting blend during your meditation sessions, or simply want to awaken your senses? Use this blend on your oil diffuser for an enlightening and enriching time at home.
Diffuse this blend at home whenever you or a loved one is going through tough times. You can also use this with an aromatherapy inhaler.
This aromatherapy blend will freshen up the air in your space and enriches personal well-being. Add the following drops of essential oil to your diffuser, burner or air purifier.
Check out a variety of essential oils you can use in these recipes here in Our Shop
If you’re looking for convenient and long-lasting bottles to contain your essential oil blends and recipes, check out this shop for the perfect solution.
Tangerine essential oil has a variety of mental, emotional, physical and spiritual benefits that make it a go-to essential oil in traditional and modern applications. There’s a lot to love about this citrus wonder, which makes it a must-have in every home. You can use it for medicinal, culinary or aromatic purposes, which makes every bottle of this essential oil truly worth it. Having this essential oil at home is an affordable and effective solution to common problems, or if you want to simply create a joyful atmosphere wherever you are.
Use tangerine oil for your early morning ritual to get a good jump-start for the day. Use it whenever you need to detox, relieve respiratory problems, or get a boost at work. You can also blend it with other essential oils for added benefits.