Wintergreen Essential Oil
Gaultheria Procumbens - From India
Wintergreen oil is an essential oil that's traditionally derived from the leaves of the wintergreen plant. Methyl salicylate, the active ingredient of wintergreen oil, can be chemically synthesized and is often referred to as wintergreen oil in many products.
According to WebMD, "Wintergreen Oil Properties: Anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and warming. It is used in joint Inflammation, pain management, and rheumatoid arthritis."
- When you use this potent oil topically, make sure to dilute 1 drop of Wintergreen with at least 4 drops of a carrier oil. Wintergreen is a hot oil, which means that you should always dilute when using it. After you’ve got the right ratio of Wintergreen to carrier oil, you’ll fall hard for this essential oil’s cool factor. Massage it into your shoulders, joints, and hard-worked muscles for a tingle that tells you it’s time to chill out.
Wintergreen Oil Uses and Benefits
- Because Wintergreen oil contains rich chemical components such as methyl salicylate, it is an ideal oil for massages. For a warming and soothing experience, add Wintergreen oil to your post-workout massage. This will aid in renewing both mind and body. When using Wintergreen essential oil, remember that a little bit goes a long way, and make sure to dilute Wintergreen oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil to reduce any possibilities of skin sensitivity.
- Bring the freshness of Wintergreen essential oil into your home by placing a few drops of Wintergreen oil into your diffuser. The scent of Wintergreen essential oil ushers in the clarity of the open outdoors while adding the sweet, minty smell of evergreens. Along with its clean aroma, diffusing Wintergreen oil will help promote an uplifting and stimulating effect on the senses.
- Trying to mask unpleasant odors? You’re in luck! Wintergreen essential oil has a very strong and pleasant scent that will work to cover up powerful odors. Next time you go to the gym, place a few drops of Wintergreen oil on a cotton ball and place it in your gym bag. This will mask the smell of sweaty gym clothes with a sweet and minty aroma.
- After a long day, take some time to relax, and pamper yourself with a Wintergreen bath. Simply add 1–2 drops of Wintergreen oil to warm bath water and enjoy the soothing sensations of Wintergreen essential oil. The Wintergreen oil will help to soothe the body, and its aroma will have a positive and uplifting effect on the mind.
- Skin blemishes—everyone gets them. However, sometimes they can cause you to feel embarrassed or vulnerable. Get rid of that self-conscious feeling by incorporating Wintergreen essential oil into your daily routine. Apply Wintergreen essential oil to your skin to help reduce the appearance of blemishes and feel comfortable and confident inside your own skin.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, face, and sensitive areas.
- Paraben Petroleum Free
- No Synthetic Fragrances
- No Synthetic Colors or Stabilizers
- No Animal Testing
- 100% Pure Essential Oils
- Paraben Free
- No Synthetic Colors or Fragrances
- GC/MS Tested for Purity